Comments? (OpenOffice.org Dictionaries)

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Mon Apr 12 17:49:35 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-04-12 at 10:24 -0700, Michael A. Peters wrote:
> On Mon, 2004-04-12 at 09:41, Dan Williams wrote:
> > I guess the disadvantage of individual language packs is that users have
> > to go off and find them and install them.  Consider:
> >
> > o  Additional logic applied to Anaconda to install only the languages
> > necessary for the user (not sure, will ask Jeremy how much work it will
> > be)
>
> %lang in the rpm should take of that no problem

That does nothing for a few reasons..
1) Anaconda doesn't set %_install_langs anymore.  It caused massive
problems for anyone who wanted to actually use some language after an
initial install that wasn't originally selected.  The answer had to
basically be "reinstall completely"
2) Even if it was effective, would you then install all of the unused
packages (ie ooo-german) and then have lots of useless packages
installed (though without files).  This would be very strange to me :-)

Jeremy