Comments? (OpenOffice.org Dictionaries)

Alan Cox alan at redhat.com
Tue Apr 13 14:12:42 UTC 2004

On Tue, Apr 13, 2004 at 10:06:57AM -0400, Dan Williams wrote:
> I'm not even sure that's possible...  You mean a German localized UI,
> but with the English help system?  Unless you physically remove the
> German help, I don't think you'll get the English help when set to a
> German UI.  What's the motivation for doing this? Wouldn't you want a
> German Help too?

Give you one example where I've been asked exactly this - people learning
a foreign language want to write in that language, spell check in it,
but would rather have help in their native language.

(For most apps LANG= ... seems to sort people out, and for gnome you
 tend not to get translated docs for most languages anyway 8( )