File Size Cleanup requests

Warren Togami warren at togami.com
Thu Apr 15 22:55:25 UTC 2004

esound-0.2.34-2
---------------
* Tue Apr 13 2004 Warren Togami <wtogami at redhat.com> 1:0.2.34-2
- remove INSTALL and 536k of useless .ps and html

Please let us know if you find any packages that contain large and very
not useful stuff like this.  Very often we have no interest in the
"INSTALL" file since we already installed it via rpm, and in many cases
INSTALL is only the generic installation instructions.  We can always
remove that safely.  This is totally worth it if we can save a few MB of
space and reduce RPM file sizes.

Also any cases where development specific documentation (like API
specifications) are within the main package as %doc, we should move it
to the -devel package.  This should save some space in desktop
installations.

Warren