redhat-menus and redhat-lsb fixes

Razvan Corneliu C.R. "d3vi1" VILT razvan.vilt at linux360.ro
Fri Apr 16 19:43:05 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-04-16 at 14:49 -0400, Dan Williams wrote:
> Seth Nickell argues:
>
> "Stuff shouldn't be in More...  if people go out of their way to install
> other software, they most likely want that item to show up in the normal
> menus, not under More.  Furthermore, if people do Everything installs,
> they asked for it and their menus are going to be cluttered."
>
> Dan

All respect for seth, but I have a multi user desktop. My mother needs
some applications, my dad others, my bro games, and I need some also.
Evolution is the only one we all need, that's why we installed so many
packages (all of them to be honest, as I am doing some work on an
adaptation of fedora to our school's needs). And if this example is not
enough, try having a high-school, different students require different
applications, the common ones should have X-Red-Hat-Base, others should
be in more. I also saw that fedora.us has X-Fedora-Base, that should be
also included in the base stuff.
What about the redhat-lsb package? Was the patch submitted?

Then again, this is just my personal opinion, no other persons reacted
to this thread, so I guess nobody else is bothered by this.

Best Regards,

--
Razvan Corneliu C.R. "d3vi1" VILT <razvan.vilt at linux360.ro>
Digital Vision - linux360 - Vision Project Maintainer