.pyc files

Stephen J. Smith sjs at khadrin.com
Mon Apr 19 17:13:15 UTC 2004

On Sun, 2004-04-18 at 23:29, seth vidal wrote:
> In python packages should the .pyc files be included in the package or
> not?
> up2date has them, system-config-users has them, system-config-packages
> does not, nor does system-config-mouse.

I don't know, but I will say that I don't like the way the Mailman RPM
in FC1 does it.  It includes the .pyc files _and_ it has a postinstall
script that promptly deletes them all and rebuilds them.  This means
that "rpm -qV mailman" lists all the .pyc files as changed immediately
after the RPM is installed.

--
Stephen J. Smith | sjs at khadrin.com | http://khadrin.com/