Cooperative Bug Isolation Project

Richard Li richardl at redhat.com
Tue Apr 20 20:27:53 UTC 2004

>Hear, Hear! It would seem advantageous for RedHat to (hire|recruit) that
>fabled psychology student to walk from cubicle to cubicle and post his
>findings to the list on a daily or weekly basis. I can't imagine it
>would cost much, and the benefit to the community would be extreme.

Could you give an example of what the student would post i.e., the type
of information you are looking for?

Richard

PS Colin proposed including some of the CBIP stuff in Fedora, and there
were some objections to it (e.g., it will make upgrades harder). Can
someone clarify why there would be upgrade problems or greater user
confusion? Looking at the CBIP site, it seems like one of the key goals
is end user transparency.