scp and ~/.bashrc errors, still around with Fedora

Jesse Keating jkeating at j2solutions.net
Thu Apr 22 16:20:56 UTC 2004

On Thursday 22 April 2004 09:00, Gavin Henry wrote:
> I have changed nothing.
>
> I mean, change something in the bashrc so it stops whatever it is
> producing output for non-interactive sessions.
>
> Could it be because I am not using encrypted key-based authentication
> w/ ssh-agent?

Not sure...  I've not changed anything with respect to ssh/pam/whatever
on FC1 systems.  Just stock installs, scping all over the place w/
various user accounts.

Are you sure you're typing the password for the remote user correct?  Is
the remote box allowing ssh root logins?  Some systems do not allow
root to login via ssh.  Try a normal user.

Was I helpful?  Let others know: