Extend RH9 support beyond FC2 release

Stephen Smoogen smoogen at lanl.gov
Wed Apr 28 19:38:08 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-04-28 at 13:31, Peter Backlund wrote:
> Jesse Keating wrote:
>
> >On Tuesday 27 April 2004 23:34, Peter Backlund wrote:
> >

> >>Given that FC2 is scheduled to be released on May 17, would it be
> >>possible to extend the errata lifetime for RH9 by one month, making
> >>EOL happen on May 31 instead of April 30? That would allow for a
> >>smooth upgrade from RH9 to FC2, with a few days to the mirrors to
> >>catch up, some margin for delays and even time for the most common
> >>quirks to hit the faqs.
> >>

> >http://www.fedoralegacy.org
> >
> Yes, I am aware of Fedora Legacy. The point was that, however, that
> since the dates of RH9 EOL and FC2 release are not very far apart, it
> would be fairly easy to allow RH9 users to go directly to FC2, without
> having to go via Fedora Legacy or run FC1 for two weeks. Smoother
> transition.

I doubt anyone would want to run FC2 right after it comes out in a
production environment.. that would mean they should then extend support
another 6 months or so.

I doubt that would happen, so I would say that if you are looking to
transition goto FC1 and then figure out when you are ready to go to FC2.

Stephen John Smoogen		smoogen at lanl.gov
Los Alamos National Lab  CCN-5 Sched 5/40  PH: 4-0645
-- You should consider any operational computer to be a security problem --