Experimental Project Utopia Yum repository up

John (J5) Palmieri johnp at redhat.com
Wed Apr 28 21:43:14 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-04-28 at 17:43, John Hearns wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-04-28 at 22:11, John (J5) Palmieri wrote:
> > Hi everyone,
> >
> > I have a Yum repository for the Project Utopia stack that I have been
> > working on.
> Sorry to be such a dweeb, but as I'm interested in this stuff
> I tried a yum install dbus on an FC1 box.
> there is a conflict with cups.
>
> Versions are cups-1.1.19-13 desktop-printing-0.1.10-18
> Guess I might need the Rawhide cups and desktop-printing?
>
> I currently have dbus-0.13-6 installed too.

Ya, the conflict is fixed internally but since FC 2 is in a freeze it is
not updated in Rawhide.  It will never be updated in FC 1.  I suppose I
could build the printing packages and put them in my repository
tomorrow.  dbus needs to be updated to the latest (0.21) which also has
the python bindings that Hal needs.

--
John (J5) Palmieri
Associate Software Engineer