totem/xine

Michael A. Peters mpeters at mac.com
Fri Apr 30 02:27:14 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-04-29 at 18:50, Jeff Spaleta wrote:
> On Thu, 29 Apr 2004 18:01:31 -0700, Michael A. Peters <mpeters at mac.com> wrote:
>
> > I am aware that they are available from a number of places.
> > I am curious as to why they are not with Fedora - which was my original
> > question - not where to get them (google or rpmfind would have done
> > that)
>
> I think the webpage at http://rpm.livna.org   explains the situation
> quite succinctly

OK - I wasn't aware there were legal issues with xine-lib and totem.
I know there is for xvidcore - but you can build xine-lib without it,
and libdvdcss also isn't required (unless you want to watch commercial
DVD's).

So there are legal issues beyond those packages?
That sucks.

--
Cheap Linux CD's - http://mpeters.us/linux/