Zope RPMs (was Re: Self-intro)

Chris McDonough chrism at plope.com
Fri Apr 30 22:13:42 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-04-30 at 17:27, Axel Thimm wrote:
> > Thanks for the explanation!  I understand now.  I will try to run the
> > gauntlet with my SRPM then without contacting Matthias.
>
> Bad idea, but I see that the communication was initiated nevertheless
> (good! :).

You're right, it was an awful idea.  Matthias' appears to be based on a
specfile I orginally made last year, but it is much better than that the
original.  So I've ditched my own and modified Matthias' slightly and it
works great.

I hope to be able to submit the result into fedora.us once I can solve
an issue where the Zope daemon manager runs as root (see
http://collector.zope.org/Zope/1304), which is against Fedora QA
policy.  I could hack around by using su -c in the init script or
launching Zope directly via the /etc/init/functions daemonizer but I'd
prefer to solve it in Zope proper.

- C