PROPOSAL: Core size reduction "bug day"

Colin Walters walters at redhat.com
Mon Aug 2 15:55:20 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-08-02 at 02:30 -0300, Alexandre Oliva wrote:

> So we'd have a component for Gnome, a component for KDE, for OOo, for
> development tools, for server packages, etc.

Modularity is good from a technical perspective, but we've actually been
making Fedora more integrated recently, not less.  For example with the
recent printing work that ties CUPS into GNOME pretty strongly.  That's
a good thing because the end user experience is better, which is our
ultimate goal.

Certainly there's tension between integration and modularity, but I
think we should be clear about which one is more important.