RHEL+ SATA

Si Jones si at bananas.hopto.org
Mon Aug 2 21:44:34 UTC 2004

James Harrison wrote:

>Hello.
>
>I have a problem with the SATA with RHEL3.
>
>The two or three 64 bit motherboards I have seen all have SATA.
>
>The motherboard manufacturers have little or no support for Linux and say that
>because Linux is so fast changing that its too hard for them to support (ASUS
>support).
>
>If 2.6 kernel has support for ASATA when will 2.6 appear in RHEL 3?
>
>Thanks
>
>James Harrison
>
>--- mcwimpy at gmx.at wrote:

The next version of RHEL is going to be based on FC3,
FC3 has a 2.6 kernel and is starting to stablise on 2.6 and selinux.

Recommend route would be to test FC3 T1 on your machines and
start bugzilla things that don't work, that way when the next RHEL
comes out it should support your systems.

Regards,