bash rpm-requires

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Wed Aug 4 17:22:42 UTC 2004

On Wed, 4 Aug 2004 10:02:06 -0700 (PDT), Steve G <linux_4ever at yahoo.com> wrote:
>http://www.web-insights.net/sh2rpms

./sh2rpms /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc

netscape cannot be resolved

Now the question is do you really want rpmbuild to automatically pull in
requirements on executables that are used solely in if [ ]  shell logic?
I really don't think the --rpm-requires parsing is robust enough to
automate this
for all possible completely valid shellscript logic that a script on
the system would need to employ.  This is surely a useful tool to some
extent to review for QA and bugreporting.
But I don't think i would trust it to automate building requires.

-jef"find_sh4errors reports /etc/X11/init/ as fine by the way"spaleta