linux registry (no, not that again!)

Kenneth Porter shiva at sewingwitch.com
Sat Aug 7 20:28:02 UTC 2004

--On Saturday, August 07, 2004 6:58 AM -0400 Steve Brenneis
<sbrenneis at surry.net> wrote:

> Or, if you want to source environment, you could do something like:
>
> <environment>
>   <file mime-type='text/plain'> /etc/sysconfig/whatever </file>
>   <file mime-type='text/xml'> /etc/sysconfig/morestuff.xml </file>
> </environment>

I think his question was what to put in a shell script that would be able
to source an XML file into the shell's variables and environment. Currently
most initscript sysconfig files are just bash scriptlets that assign shell
variables and are easily parsed with the bash dot (source) operator.