Broadcasting Annoyances

Michael Tiemann tiemann at redhat.com
Wed Aug 11 13:43:56 UTC 2004

Perhaps I don't know enough about your environment, but there is a
definite distinction in my mind between 'console' and 'terminal'.  Here
are some messages that reinforce that difference:

http://www.ussg.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/9704.3/0467.html

It could be that the way you have set up your login environment, the
user's only option is a 'console', but I think you should evaluate
making it possible for users who need terminal access (even if it's a
terminal providing eye-free interaction) to use a 'terminal' instead.