Suggestion for an altered portmap package

Steve G linux_4ever at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 12 12:47:31 UTC 2004

>If 'yes' to both, then I will not try to push the altered
>portmap into Fedora.

Regardless of whether or not gamin is on the way, I would push the patch into
portmap. It does help system security. There may be 3rd party apps that people
need to keep portmap around for. I would also push the patch over to Weitse. I
have no idea if portmap will ever have another release, but I can see that all
vendors would want a similar patch.

One thing I forgot to mention last night is that the patch should probably update
the man page as well.

-Steve Grubb