gqview removed from rawhide

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Fri Aug 13 00:38:25 UTC 2004

On Thu, 12 Aug 2004 23:42:35 +0300, Doncho N. Gunchev
<mr700 at globalnet.bg> wrote:
>     No, it finds exact duplicates, not similar files. With gqview you get
> info like pic1.jpg is 98% similar to pic0.jpg. I have two pictures for
> tests - first only with one object on clean background and the second
> with the same object on colored background. Gthumb finds nothing.

cough... technically... that sounds like a bug in gqview to me.
Because the feature is 'find duplicates'... not 'find 90% or more
similar based on some magic algorithm that might be what i mean when I
think of similar since well similar could be defined
about 300 different similar but not exactly duplicate ways and and
tweaking of the algorithm over time with different releases would
result in strikingly different results being presented to the user so
its more a sense of artistic style than a really quantative
comparison'.

-jef"Off to file a bug to get qgview fixed so it actually finds
duplicates"spaleta