SGI Altix working with Fedora Core Development

Erik Jacobson erikj at sgi.com
Fri Aug 13 15:56:46 UTC 2004

Just a quick note -

SGI Altix (ia64) is working ok with the current Fedora Core Development
bits.  The installer works normally, and booting up the installed system
works as expected.  My tests were centered on Altix 350 hardware for the
moment but I expect that it will work ok on other Altix models too.

Currently, for installation, you do need to specify the console device.
Ie, you could start the installer in a way similar to this:

elilo linux console=ttySG0

Thanks!

--
Erik Jacobson - Linux System Software - Silicon Graphics - Eagan, Minnesota