gqview removed from rawhide

Michael Favia garbage at insitesinc.com
Fri Aug 13 20:47:54 UTC 2004

Christopher Aillon wrote:

> The people who use gthumb will voice opinion contrary to what you just
> presented.  So since we're echoing others, "you can't please
> everyone."  What I personally would rather see is the gthumb and
> gqview and eog people get together and figure out what to do with the
> image viewer mess.

I second this approach. A hybridized image vewing application the
leverages the robust feature set of all three and shares the agility of
the best of breed would be most welcome by this user. Each image viewer
does *something* better than the others. How much work would it take to
form a little cooperative and glue some ideas together?

--mf