mkinitrd clue

Steve G linux_4ever at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 14 17:15:21 UTC 2004

Hi,

I have mkinitrd working fine now. I will attach a patch to the bugzilla report.

I did a code review of mkinitrd and found all kinds of problems. There were
uninitialized variables that get used, negative array indexing, and actually a
timebomb for everyone that "has it working".

The main problem, after getting it converting device numbers, was that it was
calling execv with stack variables as arguments. They must be malloc'ed. This
solved the error 14 that some people may have reported.

I will attach mkinitrd-4.0.5-cleanup.patch to the report in a few minutes if
anyone wants to try it.

-Steve Grubb