latest kudzu changes

Stephen J Smoogen smoogen at lanl.gov
Tue Aug 17 13:33:20 UTC 2004

Havoc Pennington wrote:
> On Mon, 2004-08-16 at 21:27, Steve G wrote:
>
>>I'll wait and see what the new source rpms looks like before I decide what surgey
>>is necessary. Normally, I have to disable doxygen since that swings in all kinds
>>of X windows stuff and then go through the configure.in and delete any test that
>>ends in a compile failure for X or related libs, regenrate a new configure, fix
>>the Make all target not to do anything related to X, and doctor the spec file not
>>to package X related items including desktop-fileutils entries.
>>

> I don't think ability to build SRPMs without X libs is a requirement for
> Fedora at all. Avoiding needless X dependencies on the binary RPMs,
> sure. But BuildRequires on X I see no reason to worry about.

No but it does make bootstrapping and starting an auditing process
easier. And while it may be more of a RHEL type item.. there may be a
need for an 'OpenFedora' style sub-project to help kickstart it for
organizations that need to have all source code internally verified
before being put into production. These projects usually have to build
up to the entire distro, and un-needed buildrequires cause issues with
that being possible.  [There are likely groups that are only 1/2 of the
way through RHEL-3 having to do it with every RPM.]

Stephen John Smoogen		smoogen at lanl.gov
Los Alamos National Lab  CCN-5 Sched 5/40  PH: 4-0645