request for Bug Fix, Gnome Terminal / transparency effect

Mark McLoughlin markmc at redhat.com
Thu Aug 19 06:31:40 UTC 2004

Hi,

On Wed, 2004-08-18 at 19:57, Aaron Bennett wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I've noticed that if Gnome Terminal has "transparency" turned on, and
> there is no desktop pattern, the system slows to an absolute crawl.

	What do you mean by "no desktop pattern". A solid color background or
... ? A good way to explain exactly what you mean is to post the output
of "gconftool-2 -R /desktop/gnome/background"

> Top shows the gnome-terminal is taking 90% of the CPU and load average
> jumps from 0.1 to around 2.0.

	Something sounds wrong there, alright.

	You're probably better logging this bug upstream in bugzilla.gnome.org,
as there would unlikely be anything specific to the Red Hat packages
which would cause this problem.

Cheers,
Mark.