[rawhide social experiments] kernel-source(code) package removed once again ... (was: How to build kernel-sourcecode-2.6.8-1.525)

Manuel Moreno manolo at miconexion.com
Sun Aug 22 18:53:31 UTC 2004

On Sun, 2004-08-22 at 11:08 -0400, Alan Cox wrote:
> want to look at in this area is DKMS which is perhaps the current best
> of breed management tool for this problem space.

We do not have DKMS yet. :-)

Something is needed in the meanwhile, though; maybe not all the source
code but a trimmed down version including .config, kernel headers,
config headers,and also those two sources used for scsi blablabla, then
that other project fails so we need now...
WAIT! why to put effort in a dead horse? leave things as they are and
focus our efforts in building a good DKMS.

> > ** size is not an argument against because there are _enoumous_
> > 'debuginfo' packages and they are rebuilt and posted regularly.
>
> Not on the CD images

Agreed.

--
Manuel Moreno <manolo at miconexion.com>