upgrade to rawhide report

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Mon Aug 23 18:31:37 UTC 2004

On Sun, 2004-08-22 at 10:21 -0400, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> - X configuration defaults to 800x600 instead of 1024x768, because
>   the monitor can't be probed. result = fugly; I *thought* older
>   releases defaulted to 1024, but I could be wrong.

Did you reconfigure X?  On a fresh install, we'll default to 800x600,
but I don't know of anything that will change it on an upgrade.

FWIW, the fresh install should be better now with nasrat's changes to
firstboot so you can set your monitor there along with the resolution
and depth.

> - the battery applet has the wrong suspend command;
>   "/usr/bin/apm -s"
>
> - _is_ there a suspend command that works for both
>   apm and acpi? If not I suggest we add one...
>   the "echo > /proc/acpi/sleep" thing is just
>   embarrassing anyway

ACPI sleep is currently embarassing broken in other ways due to the lack
of similar infrastructure to what there is in the APM script.  Someone
with sufficient time should be able to make the apmscript generically
usable by both ACPI and APM.

Jeremy