reiser4

Havoc Pennington hp at redhat.com
Tue Aug 24 22:10:43 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-08-25 at 00:39 +0300, Razvan Corneliu C.R. "d3vi1" VILT
wrote:
> I tend not to agree with this opinion. I've used ReiserFS only once,
> long time ago, and it was enough for me. I heard of problems with it
> from time to time, the ones that really scared me, were the ones
> regarding the difficulty of recovering data from a crashed file-system
> (it can happen, no matter how atomic, it's made by humans). This is
> still not a reason not to include-it. Linux is still ALL about choice.

Like I said, reiser *IS* included already, at least I sure thought it
was.

Though I don't agree with the general sentiment here - our job ("our" is
intended broadly, including upstream and non Red Hat developers) is to
make sound technical decisions, not throw a bunch of possibly-working
crap on a disk.

But yes, Fedora tries to offer more stuff and more options than a
supported product could reasonably offer. And what Fedora Core doesn't
offer, Fedora Extras certainly can.

Havoc