libuser: rawhide report: 20040825 changes

Steve G linux_4ever at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 25 20:39:49 UTC 2004

>libuser-0.51.8-1
>----------------
>* Wed Aug 25 2004 Miloslav Trmac <mitr at volny.cz> - 0.51.8-1
>
>- Update to build with latest autotools and gtk-doc
>- Update ALL_LINGUAS and POTFILES.in
>- Rebuild to depend on newer openldap

Why are all these cosmetic changes being made when there is a security patch
that's been sitting in bugzilla since April 6 of this year? BZ #120168.

Mandrake issued libuser with this patch applied back in May.

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=bugtraq&m=108483342926141&w=2

While we are on the subject of security patches not being applied, I also opened
BZ #120060 on the 5th of April against passwd. Mandrake released their updated
package in May:

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=bugtraq&m=108483441631074&w=2

I put both of these in bugzilla in time for FC2. They both are security fixes
that need to get applied rsn.

Thanks,
-Steve Grubb