my system needs manual network ifup after boot

Bob Gustafson bobgus at rcn.com
Sat Aug 28 13:58:32 UTC 2004

This is the detail on the MAKEDEV difficulties

[root at hoho2 ~]# yum update MAKEDEV
Server: Fedora Core 2 - Development Tree
Finding updated packages
Downloading needed headers
Resolving dependencies
Dependencies resolved
I will do the following:
[update: MAKEDEV 3.9.1-1.i386]
Is this ok [y/N]: y
Downloading Packages
Running test transaction:
Test transaction complete, Success!
Cannot install the MAKEDEV package: mounted devfs detected.
error: %pre(MAKEDEV-3.9.1-1) scriptlet failed, exit status 1
error:   install: %pre scriptlet failed (2), skipping MAKEDEV-3.9.1-1
Updated:  MAKEDEV 3.9.1-1.i386
Transaction(s) Complete
[root at hoho2 ~]#

BobG