my system needs manual network ifup after boot

Bob Gustafson bobgus at rcn.com
Sat Aug 28 15:49:45 UTC 2004

The MAKEDEV problem eems to be fixed - I think I saw a successful update.

However, ifup still needs to be run after boot

[root at hoho2 user1]# date
Sat Aug 28 10:40:45 CDT 2004

[root at hoho2 user1]# yum update MAKEDEV
Server: Fedora Core 2 - Development Tree
Finding updated packages
Downloading needed headers
No Packages Available for Update
No actions to take
[root at hoho2 user1]#

BobG

On Sat, 28 Aug 2004 10:38:58 -0400 David T Hollis wrote