[FC2] OT - Desert Combat F-16 bug

Jakub Jelinek jakub at redhat.com
Tue Aug 31 15:03:06 UTC 2004

On Tue, Aug 31, 2004 at 10:58:10AM -0400, Shockwave wrote:
> If determining the specific cause of this problem by someone who isn't a
> developer of the game itself is not feasible, then my question is this:
> Is it possible to isolate the pieces specific to FC1 and use them in
> some sort of artificial environment on FC2?  If that is possible,
> perhaps the game server could be tricked into believing that the system
> was actually FC1.  That assumes, of course, that this isn't some kernel
> related issue which certainly cannot be circumvented.

You can e.g. unpack FC1 glibc into some subtree and run the game against
that glibc instead.
1) make sure vdso=0 is passed on the kernel command line
2) mkdir ~/fc1glibc; cd ~/fc1glibc; rpm2cpio ~/glibc-2.3.2-101.4.i686.rpm | cpio -id
3) run the game with
~/fc1glibc/lib/ld-linux.so.2 --library-path ~/fc1glibc/lib /the/game arguments

You can also try booting 2.4 kernel instead of 2.6 one.

	Jakub