RHEL+ SATA (was: FC3 + SATA RAID)

James Harrison jamesaharrisonuk at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Aug 2 16:24:05 UTC 2004

Hello.

I have a problem with the SATA with RHEL3.

The two or three 64 bit motherboards I have seen all have SATA.

The motherboard manufacturers have little or no support for Linux and say that
because Linux is so fast changing that its too hard for them to support (ASUS
support).

If 2.6 kernel has support for ASATA when will 2.6 appear in RHEL 3?

Thanks

James Harrison

http://12.24.47.40/display/2/index.asp?c=12&cpc=ULwO0A442oKs512Q04X5i0UupP4SveI6dt2WJi7&cid=2&r=0.4358026