Linux-ATM support.

Arjan van de Ven arjanv at redhat.com
Wed Aug 4 20:37:12 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-08-04 at 22:29, Lamar Owen wrote:
> On Saturday 31 July 2004 11:29, Lamar Owen wrote:
> >  So I install the linux-atm userland, and attempt to use the HE.  Well, the
> > .358 kernel doesn't have the HE or any ATM drivers.  So I updated to the
> > latest, and it has CONFIG_ATM unset, too.  My question to the kernel
> > maintainers here (Arjan, Alan, and Dave) is simply 'Why no ATM?'  The ATM
> > support is actively maintained, is production quality, etc.
>
> Arjan, I've not seen a comment from you on this.  Can you please comment, even
> if the comment is for me to just go away with my ATM junk? :-)

ATM is of, ehm, mixed quality. Some parts are ok, some are
undermaintained it seems and might pose a security risk. Note that the
current erratum kernel has ATM at least partially turned on but I would
appreciate feedback on which hardware works to be able to make a more
informed decision about what to enable exactly... "it compiles" vs "it
gives scary warnings" isn't the bes ;)