gtk+ from gnome cvs needs automake 1.7 - 1.9 is installed, what to do ?

John Ellson ellson at research.att.com
Thu Aug 5 11:32:08 UTC 2004

M.Clasen wrote:

>hi ppl,
>
>i like to recompile the gtk+ package from the gnome cvs.
>
>while calling ./autoconf, there comes an error, autoconfs depends
>automake-1.7.
>
>i got the sources for automake 1.9, rebuild it fine and tryed again,
>but the autoconf script of gtk+ likes only automake 1.7.
>
>i tryed to edit the autoconf script, but i go on thin ice there and got
>other errors underlaying my missediting of the gtk+ cvs autoconf script.
>
>how can i compile the gtk+ cvs sources, what must i do here ?
>
>must i downgrade automake to 1.7 ??
>
>regardz
>
>Michael

Have you installed all of the automake rpms?   They can all be
installed, i.e. they are not either/or.

    automake-1.9-1.noarch.rpm
    automake14-1.4p6-9.noarch.rpm
    automake15-1.5-10.noarch.rpm
    automake16-1.6.3-2.noarch.rpm
    automake17-1.7.9-2.noarch.rpm      <<-- this is probably what you
need for gtk+

John