mime-types in gnome (Blender package)

Phillip Compton pcompton at proteinmedia.com
Thu Aug 5 22:44:43 UTC 2004

I am currently updating the blender package for fedora.us, but it has
been requested that I make the package associate .blend files with
blender. Seems like a reasonable thing to do, but so far, I'm having
little success with getting it to work in gnome (working fine in kde).

I have created blender.mime and blender.keys files.

I've added a x-blender.desktop file under mimelnk/applications

.blend files now have a lovely icon, but no luck in getting blender to
start when double-clicking on them.

here's the current srpm:
http://phillip.compton.name/SRPMS/blender-2.34-0.fdr.1.src.rpm