gtk+ from gnome cvs needs automake 1.7 - 1.9 is installed, what to do ?

M.Clasen webmaster at hg-carstyling.de
Fri Aug 6 08:15:10 UTC 2004

Am Do, den 05.08.2004 schrieb Stan Bubrouski um 19:00:
> Michael,
>
> I run into this problem often and it usually just because someone
> embedded automake-1.7 or aclocal-1.6 or whatnot in a script, usually
> autogen.sh or whatnot.  And out of curiousity why aren't you using the
> provided autogen.sh and letting it handle this?
Hi Stan,

that was the case, i used the provided autogen.sh, but it likes only
automake-1.7.
i installed all automake packages, included in FC2, coz i know now, that
it is not a case of neither/or with automake, but autogen.sh, provided
by the gtk+ cvs, will not run and depends every time on automake-1.7 .

The solution from Steve in this thread, solves it.

i run aclocal, automake --add-missing followed by autoconf, so i can
compile it.

regardz

Michael

--