Question about how to announce packages

Silke Reimer Silke.Reimer at intevation.de
Fri Aug 6 14:37:49 UTC 2004

Hallo list again,

I just did my self-introduction and immediately I have my first
questions:

1.
If I want to announce and provide the packages which I produced, is
it necessary to set up a special directory tree on my server
(something like fedora/2/i386/RPMS.unstable etc.) where the packages
are made available for download?

2.
I am not sure about the right Fedora tree for my packages. Most of
them are stable in my opinion and could placed in testing but since
these are my first Fedora packages I am thinking about to place them
in unstable for the start. What do you think?

3.
I don't know which official group I should use. For the libraries
this is rather easy. But I don't what to do with GIS software
(perhaps Applications/Productivity). It is even more difficult with
geodata.  They don't seem to fit to any group of RH (s.
http://www.fedora.us/wiki/RPMGroups). Any idea?

Ciao,

	Silke

--