Using updates-testing was [Re: Device change for Sil 3112 in latest kernel]

Dawid Gajownik fedora_devel_list at poczta.fm
Mon Aug 9 10:52:37 UTC 2004

08/09/2004 08:19 AM, Arjan van de Ven wrote:

> hmmm but... we have that kindof with rawhide and the kernel on
> http://people.redhat.com/arjanv/2.6

Yes, but these kernels are compiled with gcc 3.4.1 (or I missed
something?) which is not available in FC2. I like using your repository,
but I'm not able to use external drivers :( I couldn't make NVIDIA
driver working using gcc34. (If there is only a problem with NVIDIA, not
with all external kernel modules - sorry for bothering you).

> I have no problem with semi-automatically pushing that weekly to testing as
> well...

That would be great - now I'm forced to use kernel from
http://atrpms.net/dist/fc2/kernel-experimental/ due to the KDSKBENT bug
in official ones. Of course I could recompile your kernel from Rawhide
with gcc 3.3.3, but it's some kind of wasting time (for me of course :P)