packaging pyc files - again

Zoltan Kota s.mako at gmx.net
Tue Aug 10 07:57:57 UTC 2004

On Mon, 9 Aug 2004, Warren Togami wrote:

> .pyc files should be included so that rpm -V is actually able to verify
> the integrity of those files.  I have no strong opinion about .pyo being
> included or %ghost'ed.  I personally have included them in packages that
> I have fixed.
>
> See up2date and mailman for examples of how to build the .pyc and .pyo
> files during package build.

I checked up2date and mailman.
In my case, byte-compilation is done on
$RPMBUILDROOT%{_datadir}/%{name} in the %install phase after the py
files are installed. Is it necessary, in this case, to remove the pyc
files and recompile them (from the rpm -V point of view). (maybe from
other point of view it would be useful...)

Zoltan