xscale port of fedora core 2

Jakub Jelinek jakub at redhat.com
Tue Aug 10 20:48:17 UTC 2004

On Tue, Aug 10, 2004 at 10:42:23PM +0200, Lennert Buytenhek wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 10, 2004 at 02:01:21AM -1000, Warren Togami wrote:
>
> > >Yeah.  There are lots of strange things to be found in userland.  Like
> > >openssl assuming that linux-elf == i386, for example.
> > >
> > >OK, so how do I go from here?  Should I just submit all my patches to
> > >bugzilla and wait?
> >
> > - File against each component in product "Fedora Core".
>
> OK, my binutils patch just got rejected because "Fedora Core 2 isn't
> ported to the ARM."

If you have FC2 based port, please keep the patch local to the ARM port
(say have binutils-2.15.90.0.3-5xscale.src.rpm instead of what was shipped
in FC2 - e.g. Fedora Core SPARC port does the same).

I don't think it is a good idea to issue FC2 updates just because there
was an ARM patch added, FC2 users on i386/x86-64 would IMHO definitely
not appreciate having to download the updates with zero changes.

binutils in FC3 will be 2.15.91.0.2 (~end of July '04) or later, so the
patch in question is definitely there for FC3.

	Jakub