evolution formatting problem.

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Thu Aug 12 01:14:08 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-08-11 at 13:08 -0400, David Malcolm wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-08-11 at 09:26 +0100, David Woodhouse wrote:
> > That's an even more insidious bug. <...>
> > If it makes changes _after_ you hit 'Send' then
> > it's _evil_.
>
> It's truly evil, but thankfully it's now dead; fixed in
> gtkhtml3-3.3.0-2.rpm and in upstream CVS.
>
> There was an error doing conversion between Pango units and GtkHtml
> units; it affected text in the Preformat style beginning at column 0; I
> believe the text width was getting calculated as larger than the space
> available, so it was line-wrapping at every word break.

You seem to be describing the original bug -- not the one I described as
truly evil, which was the fact that evo would sometimes reformat a
message _after_ the user is happy with the formatting and presses
'Send'.

If it screws up and shows me, I have a chance to fix it. If it changes
stuff _after_ I hit send, it's evil.

--
dwmw2