Several Different kernel related (?) problems

Philip Anderson pza at pza.net.au
Sat Aug 14 09:23:23 UTC 2004

Hans Kristian Rosbach Wrote:
> And a fifth problem:
>
> 5. All the computers are having smb problems
>    They all serve thir apache logfiles via samba, but recently there
>    has been someconnectivity problems. But it seems to work when
>    re-tried. This also started happening this week.

I also had to boot our server back to the previous kernel, as the latest
FC2 kernel (2.6.7-1.494.2.2) made samba unusable.  Connections could be
made, but throughput was so low and unreliable that many applications
were timing out, causing database corruption in our Library software.
I'm currently using 2.6.6-1.435.2.3 without any problems.  The problems
were with a variety of Win XP, 98 clients.