ip6.int

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Sat Aug 14 13:11:35 UTC 2004

It seems that ip6.int, as used by glibc for IPv6 reverse DNS, is dead. I
see long delays in waiting for IPv6 reverse DNS.

My 'fix' on FC2 boxes so far has been to upgrade to glibc-2.3.3-43 and
add 'options no-ip6-dotint' to /etc/resolv.conf.

That's a partially successful workaround but it doesn't seem to work
where the resolv.conf is created by pppd or by dhclient -- the options
seem to go missing then. Should we change glibc's default, and ship an
erratum for FC2? Or is there a better answer?

--
dwmw2