latest kudzu changes

Steve G linux_4ever at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 17 01:27:11 UTC 2004

>Separating at the source level make no sense to me since they
>can be turned off in the RPM with a simple configure switch.  What
>surgery would you have to do?

I'll wait and see what the new source rpms looks like before I decide what surgey
is necessary. Normally, I have to disable doxygen since that swings in all kinds
of X windows stuff and then go through the configure.in and delete any test that
ends in a compile failure for X or related libs, regenrate a new configure, fix
the Make all target not to do anything related to X, and doctor the spec file not
to package X related items including desktop-fileutils entries.

Openssh is a model specfile for separating X from console only stuff. I only have
to set 1 variable and everything else happens like magic. I can even pass that in
fomr the commandline without doctoring the specfile. That would alleviate my
concerns about the intertwining of X/Gtk/Qt from a daemon. BTW, vim is a very
good specfile, too, wrt separating X.

-Steve Grubb