Several Different kernel related (?) problems

Hans Kristian Rosbach hk at isphuset.no
Tue Aug 17 07:33:51 UTC 2004

> >  > 3. All of our FC2 servers recently (3-4 days ago) stopped serving
> >  >    http pages to mac computers. I have no idea why, but customers
> >  >    from all over is complaining that their mac machines cannot
> >  >    open the webpages. Windows machines on the same net works.
> >  >    The mac machines has tested IE and newest Safari.
> >  >    It seems like a FC2 yum update triggered this event, but we have
> >  >    no idea how and have no way of doing testing as we don't have any
> >  >    macs.
> >
> > Does this problem go away if you set /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_default_win_scale
> > to 1 ?
>
> Thanks, waiting for testing reply from customer.

Yes, the problem did go away.

I have told the customers that they should check their
routers/firewalls, but I'm not sure they actually will find the problem
in a reliable manner without comparing with a working one.

The strange thing is that it works for windows machines behind
the very same router.

-HK