How to build a Fedora Core distro fork ?

Gilles FABIO gilles.fabio at laposte.net
Tue Aug 17 14:08:19 UTC 2004

Hi everybody !

I'm Gilles, I'm 21 and I live in the South-Eastern of France (Nice, Blue
Cost). I use GNU/Linux since 2001 and my favorites distros are Red Hat
and Fedora Core. My English is very very bad... Sorry. I'm trying to
explain you my project with the few words which I have in this langage.
I hope that you will understand me :-) Go...

I would like to build a Fedora Core distro fork for my friends and me. I
would like to customize the graphical environment, Anaconda and to
include my own configuration tools (developed with Python or C++
languages). I would like too to propose KDE Desktop as default desktop
environment (not Gnome). It will be a long and tiresome work but with
teaching goal.

How to proceed ? I don't know absolutely anything in this field. Do you
know some URL which will be able to help me ?

Thank you in advance of your answers
Greetings,
Gilles