dbus / Pyrex

John (J5) Palmieri johnp at redhat.com
Tue Aug 17 21:58:42 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-08-17 at 14:12 -0700, Steve G wrote:
> Hi,
>
> OK, I got the new dbus and finally have it compiled without installing any X
> components. It was easier than yesterday's version. :)
>
> I haven't messed with Pyrex until today and have a simple question. If you have
> Pyrex installed, will you eventually need python-devel? I'm trying to decide if I
> need a Requires: python-devel added to Pyrex or a BuildRequires: python-devel
> added to dbus.

This is sort of a weird issue since you don't need python-devel to build
or use Pyrex.  You do however need it as a BuildRequires for any
packages that use Pyrex.  In other words you can generate Pyrex bindings
without python-devel but you will need python-devel to build those
bindings.  I would say it doesn't hurt to have Pyrex require python-
devel.

--
John (J5) Palmieri
Associate Software Engineer