rawhide report: 20040819 changes

Jeremy Hogan jhogan at redhat.com
Thu Aug 19 14:56:34 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-08-19 at 09:44, Rui Miguel Seabra wrote:
> OT: personally I'm in favour of full disclosure, and I won't reply to
> anyone trying to make a thread on this, so don't bother to criticize!

Man. Now I *have* to reply. But not to criticize. The reason this is, is
to encourage coordinated release across repositories and distros.

Each vendor and many package maintainers do have a security list where
this is fully disclosed (many are cross community/company.) What you
don't want to do is have one launch a fix and have others caught with
their pants down when a script kiddie gets hold of it.

Full disclosure without full exposure.

Heh. Me And Jesse Jackson.

--jeremy