Device change for Sil 3112 in latest kernel

Jerome Benoit jerome.benoit at grenouille.com
Sat Aug 21 09:50:11 UTC 2004

Le Mon, 09 Aug 2004 16:10:37 -0400
Jeremy Katz <katzj at redhat.com> a écrit :

> On Mon, 2004-08-09 at 20:40 +0200, Jerome Benoit wrote:
> > Le Sun, 08 Aug 2004 10:30:22 +0200
> > Arjan van de Ven <arjanv at redhat.com> a écrit :
> > > this is why we use mount-by-label for everything.
> > > The fact that swap seems not to migrate automatic is a bug in
> > > swapon.
> > Have you think about LVM stuff ? (just been caught by the mysterious
> > SATA device renaming after latest kernel update in FC2 and now
> > looking for a clean solution that will do the trick)
>
> It shouldn't be a problem with LVM, afaik.  The LVM volume group name
> is stored as part of the metadata in the PV and similar with the
> logical volumes.  vgscan should then find them no matter what device
> they happen to be on.

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply but i've been busy lately ...
Bad luck, it's not working flawlessly. The LVM2 internal seems to flag
Physical Volume with UUID and with the updated kernel switching, the new
one with the SATA device renaming seems to look for a non existant PV in
my data VG (some kind of 'ghost PV') ... Anyway, i can 'fix' that by
redoing the VG from scratch for example.

I don't have time currently to dig further sorry ..

Bye.

--
Jérôme Benoit aka fraggle
La Météo du Net - http://grenouille.com