reiser4

Havoc Pennington hp at redhat.com
Wed Aug 25 05:34:42 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-08-25 at 00:59 -0300, Alexandre Oliva wrote:
> The point being that you can make sound decisions and make something
> comfortable for most people, but if you deny everybody the possibility
> of making it perfect for them with minor effort, they might end up
> choosing something else that, although poorer for the average user,
> suits their needs better.  If enough people take this stance, your
> efforts will have been wasted.

I agree with that, but it doesn't get you out of having to make
decisions. Do you make one kind of chair with lots of configurable
knobs? Do you make ten kinds of chair but they are all fixed in size and
shape? Do you make three chairs with different sorts of configurable
knobs on each? How wide a range do the configurable knobs have? What
materials are your chairs made of? How much labor goes into the chairs?
How much do they cost? Do you recruit other people to help make your
chairs? Is your chair a task chair or an armchair?

I don't think "choice is good" as a principle helps me much in making
all these choices, unfortunately.

Are we off-topic and abstract enough yet? ;-)

I fully support including reiser as an option, and afaik we already do
include it.

Havoc