IRC server is hostile.

Max Kanat-Alexander max_list at fedorafaq.org
Tue Aug 31 06:26:44 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-08-27 at 01:07, Mark McLoughlin wrote:
> 	Maybe, or maybe nickserv is a giant pain in the ass and we'd have more
> people using the channel if wasn't for it? Seriously ...

	For the record, AFAIK, we are using nickserv because ONCE we had a
problem. Once. It was a few weeks before the release of FC2, I believe,
or around that time.

	I also would agree that the NickServ requirement to talk in #fedora and
#fedora-devel should go. We're a community, not a closed group.

	We can kickban bots and lusers when necessary.

	-Max